Thursday, March 15, 2012

New addition to the car

     I love going to the library, checking out books and having my kids enjoy them for the three weeks that we are allowed to borrow them. Secondly, I love our new basket the kids helped pick out to hold the library books. I let each of the kids pick five books each to check out to put in the car basket. They love this part of picking them out. It's actually quite interesting to see the ones they want. Mommy gets the final say in which ones we take home though...it's simply Mommy discretion! Since adding the new basket of books the car rides have been great. They were before (my kids have always done really well in the car), but it's better because they are reading and learning at a time that could be easily wasted. They share their books with each other. They talk to each other about the book they are looking at. And, I get to drive the car listening to all their new discoveries and joys. I'm loving it!
 They love books just like their Mommy!


7 comments:

  1. Great idea my --supper organized friend. You could not pay me $1000 to take a picture of the inside of my car right now. I love the new blog look and pics!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Tesha about taking a pic of the inside of my car....but I LOVE this idea!! I will be "stealing" if for sure! Interesting side note: my daughter just checked out that Horses book in your basket, ha! Thanks for sharing and thanks for linking up with me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Notice I didn't put a picture of the FLOOR of my car in my post!LOL Glad you can use the idea. Pretty cool our kids checked out the same book!! My kids have been riding horses since last August. Let me know if you have some book suggestions for my kids :)

      Delete
  3. That's such a great way to cultivate a love for reading, as well as (like you said) use travel time to better their minds! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makes me happy you liked it! Thanks for telling me :)

      Delete
  4. As I have a son who is extreemely car-sick, we get books on CD from our local library. They love listening and learning. I love listening with them and discussing what we learn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree CD's are a great thing for the kids! My kids like radio drama cds...I really get into them too! Would love to hear any of your favorite cds for kids:)

      Delete

Thanks for your comments! We love to read them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...