Monday, December 30, 2013

A Family Tradition

My Dad and Dianne arrived at our house on Christmas Eve afternoon, as well as my step sister, Michelle and her husband Matt. I'm so glad they decided to come spend Christmas with us in Utah!
One of the things that my Dad and I planned to do when he arrived was to make "lefsa"--its a norwegian thing. I kind of liken it to a potato tortilla, but you put butter on it, sprinkle white sugar on it, roll it up and eat it. Lefsa is something that I remember my grandma (my mom's mom) made all the time and we ate it on Thanksgiving and Christmas.
I'm so glad that my dad learned how to make it over the years and has perfected the process so that he could teach me. We definitely had to make some for Christmas this year, so Josh and I made the dough the night before. We were ready to "roll" and cook it when Dad got to our house.
I was so happy Allie got involved and wanted to help make it, too. The tradition is being passed down to her now. It was her first time helping out...a very special day indeed!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! We love to read them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...