This past week Josh went to Bible Conference and took Zack and Markell with him. This time I stayed home with the three kids.
Josh was so encouraged by this conference. He said it seemed that every sermon was for him! I praise God that he used that time to speak to him and help him become the best pastor that he can be.
God helped me back here at home. I've been reading my Bible every day and have been really desiring to hear from Him. That's my goal this year...to hear from God. I realize I speak a lot to God through prayer, which is necessary. But, I need to hear what God would say to me. To be still and listen. I've started a new journal to record His words to me. His words are the real bread of life and what will sustain me everyday. I'm so thankful for my relationship with God. God is so good.
Here are a few stories and snapshots of the week...
On Monday night, Tori flew home after staying with us for a long weekend of visiting Danny.
Cody got hurt somehow and nursed a wound or rather a large lump on his back. We were very concerned about him. He was mellow and laid around the house most of the time. Thankfully, he's better. But, Rob thought it would be hilarious to have Cody look like he was playing with his ipod on Marcus' bed...
I helped out for Allie's class ice cream party that was postponed from before Christmas break. It was real cute. They had 3 scoops of vanilla ice cream on a plate for a snowman and decorated it with various candy.
Allie started her new gymnastics class on Tuesdays and Thursdays...she's in PRE TEAM now!
Practices are 2 hours each day. It is so awesome to see her improving in her skills.
Tuesday night the boys were able to go with some of our friends to a JAZZ vs. Oklahoma THUNDER basketball game. The kids each get 2 free tickets with their basketball program. They were so happy they were able to go.
Wednesday, I drove around town in the snow...that night on the way to church Rob and Allie were arguing about something. I told them that they don't always have to be right and need to practice letting the other person be right. There was silence as they pondered what I'd said, and then Allie piped up, "I'm first being right!"
I got a folded note from Allie as we were driving home. I'm so thankful for her thoughtfulness. It blesses my heart whenever I get one of these. I put it on the fridge.
Friday was a big day...
Zack flew home to receive an award for being the #1 intern in Utah at his company! He found out about a week ago that he's within the top 50 interns in the country with his company--out of 4000! He accomplished that within his 1st year! So proud of you, Zack!
In the middle of the night on Friday I got about 40 texts (on a group message) about the arrival of our newest, little niece...
Vivienne Faith Young
born on January 10, 2014 at 11:45 pm
7 pounds, 5 oz.
SO beautiful and precious! We love you, Vivienne and can't wait to meet you!
Josh arrived home early Saturday morning! He drove home all night with Markell to get here. Shortly after he arrived we headed to Rob's basketball game. We headed home for lunch and then to Marcus' game-which was a great game for him personally (he made a bunch of points).
That night we were blessed with the chance to babysit Aliyah while Markell and Brandie went on a date. Allie was the only one that got a huge smile and laugh out of her.




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comments! We love to read them!