I always get excited for the boys' basketball season. It's so fun to watch them play. Today was the last day of their season games. The season came and went so fast. Marcus' team just has a a tournament that they'll be playing in a few weeks.
Rob played up on the fifth grade team this year with his friend, Christian. It was amazing to see the team improve so much over the season. The best game by far was last week. Rob made 6 points! It was his best scoring game. On the sidelines, Josh asked Rob if he was happy they were winning (because they hadn't won a game yet). Rob said, "No, I'm happy I scored 5 points because Zack said he'd give me a $1 if I did!" Rob is a money man! Zack kept his word. When Rob got the dollar though, he gave it in the offering at church.
Rob and his buddy, Christian
Marcus' team is really good. They've been playing together for over three years. They work so well together and they each add so much to the team. They win a lot of their games. I'm looking forward to the tournament.
As for the end of this basketball season...
I will miss them getting ready for their games in the morning.
I will miss them getting ready for their games in the morning.
I will miss sitting on the bleachers watching them warm up.
I will miss cheering them on throughout their games.
I will miss watching Josh help coach from the sidelines.
I will miss watching Josh help coach from the sidelines.
I will miss having our turn to hand out treats to the players after the games.
I will miss seeing their sweaty and red faces after playing a hard game.
I will miss hearing Josh and the boys talk about the highlights from the games.
I will miss hearing Josh and the boys talk about the highlights from the games.
I will miss hugging them after their games telling them how well they played and how proud I am of them.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comments! We love to read them!